Allergic Rhinitis Treatment in Homeopathy

Allergic Rhinitis and Homeopathy

Dr.Srikanth K profile Authored by Dr.Srikanth K on 4 Dec 2014 - 16:18.

Allergic rhinitis is a reaction to airborne particles (allergens) that primarily affect the nose and eyes. There are two types of allergic rhinitis: seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever) and perennial allergic rhinitis, which occurs year-round.  Outdoor allergens such as pollen cause hay fever and indoor allergens such as dust or animal dander cause perennial allergic rhinitis.


The symptoms are often stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, irritation of the eyes, sore throat, post-nasal drip, cough, headache, fatigue and dark circles under the eyes.

Allergic Rhinitis Treatment in Homeopathy

Everything under the sun, including the sun is an allergy to an allergic patient.

Allergic rhinitis involves over-responsiveness of the immune system and is therefore not limited to an organ like the nose, but affects the entire system.  Homeopathic treatment for allergies is best carried out by an experienced clinician. As with any other medical condition, homeopathic medicine is not used to treat diseases but to treat patients; any successful, long term, treatment will likely require a complete medical history, evaluation and determination of the particular “constitutional” medicine suited to the patient as provided by a clinician specialized in homeopathic treatment.


 If you find certain food items or allergens in the air like dust or animal dander, stay away from them. Basically you must be watchful of what is causing you allergy, or what you are sensitive to.

In homeopathy we have various medicines like:

  • Arsenic album
  • Arsenic iodatum
  • Allium cepa
  • Dulcamera
  • Euphrasia
  • Heparsulph and
  • Merc sol and so on.

Depending on the symptom similarity,the medication must be taken from an expert homeopath, as homeopathy treats the patient, not the disease.

*Disclaimer: This is not medical advice. The content is for educational purposes only. Please contact your doctor for any health care issues.