Ask A Doctor - Hi I am on birth control. I've been on the same one for 3 years. But my doctor changed them three months.. - DesiMD Healthcare Services


Hi I am on birth control. I've been on the same one for 3 years. But my doctor changed them three months ago. I don't take them like I'm suppose to but I do take them. My question is why hasn't my period came on ? Its four days late. I am sexually active but I only do it with protection. Please help! - Asked by s x on 12-Jun-2016 06:08:58

Answer Count: 1    

    Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Languages Known: English, Hindi, Bengali

    Answered by Dr. Sanjoy Bhattacharyya on 12-Jun-2016 09:22:40

    Hello, If you are an irregular pill taker,first rule out pregnancy as a cause of delayed cycle. Do a pregnancy testing first.
    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply

Would you like to consult the doctor privately?

Dr. Sanjoy Bhattacharyya
Dr. Sanjoy Bhattacharyyaverified Verified
MBBS,DCH,MD | Obstetrics & Gynecology
Languages known: English,Hindi,Bengali
View Full Profile

Rs.99 / $1.7

voice call

Voice Call
Rs.199 / $3.4

video call

Video Call
Rs.299 / $5.1

  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.