Ask A Doctor - hi im a 17 year old girl. i once went to the hospi.. - DesiMD Healthcare Services


hi im a 17 year old girl. i once went to the hospital for asthma then the doctor checked my nose. she said my nose is crooked and i just noticed that i cant really breath with my right nose. i can only breath with my left nose. the doctor suggested that i meet with the ENT specialist and i might have to do surgery. but i dont remember what the type of surgery it was going to be. please help and tell what kind of surgery do i have to go through? thank you. - Asked by l z on 01-Dec-2015 00:05:08

Answer Count: 1    Disorder Type: ENT disorders

Replied by l z on 01-Dec-2015 00:25:13

and will it change my nose's appearance?

  • MBBS
    General Practice
    Languages Known: English, Hindi, Telugu

    Answered by Dr. Venkata Rama Krishna K on 01-Dec-2015 16:08:39


    for crooked nose--Rhinoplasty--A plastic surgery performed on nose for straighting....whether ur breathing problem is due Deviated nasal septum or due to turbinate hypertrophy,,or  by other causes  ,will be decided by ENT surgeon accordingly septoplasty ,,turbinoplasty will be performed or it can be managed initially by medical therapy..

    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply
  • Tackling Sore Throat

    A sore throat refers to an inflamed throat, causing annoying pain and irritation, especially on swallowing. In most of the cases, sore throat occurs as an initial sign of Pharyngitis (an...
    03/02/2015 by Dr.
  • Chronic Cold

    Chronic cold is not exactly a disease by itself, but it's definitely more than just an irritation. It can be persistent (with or without cough) that may last for 365 days of a year, irrespective of...
    12/12/2014 by Dr.
  • Hearing Loss

    Deafness or hearing loss is the inability of a person to hear basic sounds. Hearing loss with aging is common, especially in those who have crossed 75 years of their life. Hearing loss could be due...
    26/11/2014 by Dr.
  • Tinnitus

    A clinical condition of hearing or experiencing characterized sound (like ringing, hissing, clicking or buzzing) in the ear even in the absence of any actual sound is termed as Tinnitus. In fact, it...
    30/10/2014 by Dr.
  • Ear infection

    Ear infection (also called as acute otitis media) refers to a painful condition affecting middle ear. It is characterized by the inflammation and accumulation of excess fluid as a result of...
    30/10/2014 by Dr.

  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.