Ask A Doctor - How can I loose belly weight permanently? - DesiMD Healthcare Services


I am a software engineer. Don't get much time to do workout. Please suggest. - Asked by N l on 07-Dec-2013 08:42:55

Answer Count: 2    Disorder Type: Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic disorders

  • Internal Medicine

    Answered by Dr. Suneel Vallabhaneni on 08-Dec-2013 01:13:31

    Agree with Samraj, you have to count calories. Recommended calories for an average of 70 kg person is approximately 2000 calories. Among these you have to add more veggies preferably non fried, decrease the consumption of concentrated carbohydrates like sugar, juices(try to eat fruits instead) and sweets. Rice or wheat component should be brown rice or less polished rice. I do understand you are busy but we can still integrate brief 15-20 minutes brisk exercise into work like lifting dumbbell weights while at work, parking your vehicle farther from your office and walk. Compensating with more work out during weekends. After trying the above regimen for good 6 to 12 months, other option is taking a weight loss pill(which does come with side effects like diarrhea and bloating)and last option would be bariatric surgery which has its own side effects like the pill plus vitamin deficiencies.
    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply
  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.