Ask A Doctor - how do Ik if I have breast cancer?? - DesiMD Healthcare Services


Iam asking this since I have large breasts. how can I decrease their size? - Asked by i a on 18-Oct-2014 23:30:59

Answer Count: 2    
  • Answered by Dr. on 19-Oct-2014 13:38:03


    Commonly breast cancer can be prevented by self examination. If there are any lumps in breast or arm pit one gets mammogram and biopsy done to rule out cancer. If lump is present and is growing recently or pain present also indicator of cancer. There is no safe way of decreasing breast size than surgery.

    See Disclaimer

  • MD
    Internal Medicine

    Answered by Dr. Srividya Venigalla on 22-Oct-2014 11:24:27

    Breast reduction surgeries are offered at certain places. You will have to consult with plastic surgeon to discuss about this and see if you are a good candidate. 

    havig large breasts does not risk of breast cancer - the only problem will be finding it early .

    If you find a lump or concenred a mammogram can help you.

    Usually mammogram are recommended above the age of 50.


    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply
  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.