Ask A Doctor - How to treat blisters? - DesiMD Healthcare Services


Recently, I got a small blister from walking with uncomfortable shoes. Is there anything I can do to soothe the pain or to treat it easily? Thanks. - Asked by C R on 14-Nov-2014 02:37:57

Answer Count: 1    

  • MBBS
    General Practice
    Languages Known: English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu

    Answered by Dr. Ramya Smitha on 14-Nov-2014 08:38:40

    Usually blisters heal by itself in few days . Firstly you stop wearing the shoe that caused it. You can drain it by puncturing at the edge and then apply an antibiotic oitnment. if its more painful then you can take a pain killer . 

    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply
  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.