Ask A Doctor - i think i have withdrawal head ache how do i naturally get rid of it? - DesiMD Healthcare Services


i have withdrawel head achr because i was on panadein everyday for gallstones and now i havw been eating healthy and had no pain i have gone off the panadein . havent had panadein for nearly a week. and i dont want to take panadol for my head ache. - Asked by n t on 11-Nov-2014 15:30:54

Answer Count: 2    

  • MBBS
    General Practice
    Languages Known: English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu

    Answered by Dr. Ramya Smitha on 11-Nov-2014 16:17:19

    some ways of reducing headache other than taking paracetamol is using a pain relief balm or you can take coffee. if its bothering you too much you can meet a physician for further advice
    See Disclaimer

  • MBBS, MD
    Internal Medicine
    Languages Known: English, Telugu

    Answered by Dr. Satish Potluri on 13-Nov-2014 02:38:46

    Panadein is a combination of acetaminophen and codein. Withdrawal depends of how long you were taking this medication. If you are taking it for gall stones and were taking this medication for long time, you may have your liver function tests checked as taking too much acetaminophen can cause problem with liver. Withdrawal symptoms may occur due to codein part of this medication especially if you were taking it for a long time. you may feel nauseous, irritability, muscle aches, sweating , agitation , cramps or headaches sometimes. If symptoms are mild can take ibuprofen with meals if you don't have allergies or contraindications. can take nausea medications temporarily. coffee can help. do not stop any opiate medications abruptly or with out physician notice. Your doctor may help you transition with withdrawal Hope this helps.
    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply
  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.