Ask A Doctor - sinus - DesiMD Healthcare Services


age 25 male location Bangalore Tired from sinus . every month almost 12 days m suffering from cold n I think my immunity power is very less . before some time m a chain smoker but now I don't plzz help me - Asked by E S on 05-Dec-2014 13:58:45

Answer Count: 2    
  • Answered by Dr. on 05-Dec-2014 14:53:17


    Your symptoms might be because of allergic rhinitis. Bangalore is endemic to parthenium weed and allergic reactions are common. Symptoms can be controlled with treatment. Usually steroid spray following mandatory chest x-ray (PA view) helps. Treatment usually continues upto 1 yr. Fluticasone nasal spray (Flunase) minimizes severity of symptoms in few weeks. If you neglect your symptoms, it might lead to asthma. Please consult your doctor for help.

    See Disclaimer

  • MBBS
    General Practice
    Languages Known: English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu

    Answered by Dr. Ramya Smitha on 05-Dec-2014 16:41:35

    You can Use Flixonase Nasal spray and also Tab Telekast L Every night at bed time. you will have to continue these medications all this season till summer starts. Also meet a local ENT doctor who can explain you about the surgical treatment options. Call our helpline to know the best ENT specialist available near your area
    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply
  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.