Ask A Doctor - Tight Foreskin - DesiMD Healthcare Services


i have a tight foreskin since birth. i do not pull back my skin as it is very tight. can you suggest me any option other than circumcision. i had heard of some lubricant to be applied to loosen the skin. can u pleas help me out - Asked by T K on 06-Nov-2014 19:02:14

Answer Count: 1    

  • MBBS
    General Practice
    Languages Known: English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu

    Answered by Dr. Ramya Smitha on 07-Nov-2014 09:06:19

    Hello , Circumcision is the mainstay for treatment if Phimosis (tight foreskin) Alternatively, surgery to release the adhesions (areas where the foreskin is stuck to the glans) may be possible. This will preserve the foreskin but may not always prevent the problem recurring.No Lubricants can losen the skin. 

    See Disclaimer
Login to post a reply
  • The answer(s) suggested above are for information purposes only.
  • If you need further help (or) if you have any further queries, please contact our Customer Care Centre +91 40 4242 8282 / +91 801 901 2308 and our doctors will try to help you.
  • In case of emergency, please call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
  • The questions asked for free advice will be visible to visitors of this portal ( Hence, the user should not divulge and must take the responsibility to not divulge any personal identifiable information on the portal.
  • If the patient is less than 18 years of age, parental guidance is advised. We discourage (and disapprove) approaching us directly. It is advised that the query be framed in consultation with their parents. Any query from age group less than 18 years is assumed to be done in accordance with this protocol.