Doctors often recommend six weeks as the minimum length of time for women to wait after delivery before resuming their exercise routines. However, in many cases, women who went through uncomplicated deliveries may safely begin doing light exercise like walking and stretching within days of giving birth.
Consult a Doctor: If you had a C-section, check with your doctor first and expect to wait until the incision heals before beginning a gym routine. However, walking at an easy pace after surgery is encouraged, because it promotes healing, prevents blood clots and other complications.Whether your labor was natural or surgical, the body undergoes a huge transformation during delivery. Consult with your doctor about the best waiting period for you, given your overall fitness and the relative ease of your delivery.
As a new mother, the first thing to take into consideration while considering a fitness routine is to be realistic and patient. You must set your initial gymming goals fairly low.
09/05/2016 by Dr.
- Consider starting off with light walking and gentle stretching within several days of giving birth.
- After about a week or so, you might be able to walk on a treadmill at a moderate to slow pace for about a half hour.
- As you regain strength, build up the intensity of the walks or increase their duration.
- While at your gym, you may try joining low-impact group classes, but resist the urge to push yourself beyond your comfort zone as your joints and ligaments will be looser than usual following birth, which could lead to potential falls from diminished coordination.
- Wait for three to five months before engaging in vigorous or high-impact exercise.
- Workout at the gym is good for you, but don't overdo it as your body needs time to heal.
- Including a few moments to simply relax post-workout can really help replenish you.
Negative-calorie foods are foods that boost your metabolism and help you lose weight post pregnancy. These are usually plant-derived fruits and vegetables, high in water content and locked in a fiber matrix. Many vegetables, like celery, for example, are water-rich negative-calorie foods. Apples, grapes and watermelons are considered water-fruits as they are loaded with water. A diet of negative-calorie foods is filling because of its water content and is an effective means of controlling the appetite.
Here are some best negative-calorie foods that you can consume as part of a post-pregnancy weight loss diet:
1. Apples, grapefruits, and watermelons: These fruits are rich in dietary fiber and water. Count on an apple as an effective negative-calorie snack option.
2. Celery: Celery is power-packed with nutrients, but contains no contributing calories. You can eat as much celery as you want, and you won't gain body fat. Celery juice is a powerful anti-inflammatory drink. Perfect as a crunchy snack, celery is also delicious in salads, soups, or juice.
3. Lettuce, onions, and salad greens: These foods are rich in water and fiber, antioxidants as well as immune-boosting nutrients. You can munch on salads as much as you desire and still never gain body fat.05/05/2016 by Dr.
Mild neurological problems are bound to occur in women taking birth control pills for longer periods.Category: Gynaecological conditions22/05/2015 by Dr.
Feeling of fullness in the stomach
Pelvic or abdominal pain/cramps
Urinary urgency and frequency
Abnormal vaginal bleeding or dischargeCategory: Gynaecological conditions19/05/2015 by Dr.
Driving during pregnancy helps pelvic muscles to exercise and enhances uterine flexibility .Category: Gynaecological conditions24/11/2014 by Dr.