Meditation is in practice for eons to promote spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being, but how exactly does it affect the body and mind? A household name in the current era, meditation brings forth several positive effects on the mind and body.
It’s an art of awareness. An act done with awareness without involving judgment or feelings is meditation. When you meditate you go deep into yourself and slowly you silence your noisy mind which is filled with hundreds of endless thoughts crossing it all day.
While meditation has numerous benefits on the body, mind and soul, let’s look at a few points on how it powers up your mind:
17/11/2015 by Dr.
- Altering your consciousness to a higher level.
- Calms your mind and increases your thinking power with more focus
- Increases productivity
- Improve memory and learning ability
- Brings clarity on issues and help find solutions or solve problems better
- Decreases tendency to worry
- Increases one’s perceptual ability and motor performance
- React more effectively to
- Develops will power
- Greater communication between the two brain hemispheres
For instant relief from the common headache, find two remedies below:
07/10/2015 by Dr.
- Add coriander seeds to boiling water, then add few tea leaves and let it rest with the lid closed. Filter and drink the tea.
- Add a spoonful of chopped ginger to 1 ½ cups of hot water, and let it boil for a few minutes. Then, filter, add some honey and drink it.
25/02/2015 by Dr.
- Difficulty in socializing
- Repeating words or phrases
- Obsessive attachment to objects
- Hearing difficulties
- Vision problems
- Inappropriate facial expressions
- Resist hugging
While headaches can be a cause for several health conditions, a normal headache due to stress can be relieved with the following simple tips:
02/12/2014 by Dr.
- Get a gentle head massage
- Practice deep breathing
- Practice Imagery relaxation
- Listen to Music
- Do some Yoga exercises
Food plays a role in creating different moods. The following food items enhance positive mood:
27/11/2014 by Dr.
- ark Chocolate
- Orange juice
- Green Tea
- Blue berries
- Salmon fish
Migraine is a feature of cerebral ischemia. Migraine causes attacks of headaches, often with vomiting. Can be prevented by avoiding possible triggers and treated with painkillers.Category: Nervous System01/11/2014 by Dr.
Neck rigidity might be due to meningitis or encephalitis.Category: Nervous System01/11/2014 by Dr.
Abnormality in double vision might be in brain or neck.Category: Nervous System01/11/2014 by Dr.
Rigidity of limbs in elderly indicates dementia.Category: Nervous System01/11/2014 by Dr.
Double vision might be an indicator of transient ischemic attack.Category: Nervous System01/11/2014 by Dr.