Swastik Building, 18/6, RC Patel Road, Chandavarkar Cross Road No.2, Next to ICICI Bank, Borivali (West), Mumbai - 400092, Maharashtra, India.
Call DesiMD @ 91 40 4242 8282.
Year of Estd: 1980
Facility Type: -
No. of Bed: -
Med Spec: English Medicine
- NM Medical is the pioneer of radiology, cardiology, pathology, and preventive health checkups in a diagnostic centre setting in India.
- In the 1980s, NM Medical was the first to introduce Ultrasound into the private practice domain.
- In the 1990s, NM Medical introduced preventive cardiology and pathology into the diagnostic centre model as also CT Scan and MRI for the first time outside a hospital setup.
- In the 2000s NM Medical introduced the concept of corporate health checkups, which was then replicated by many other institutes but never with comparable success to as no other centre possesses the complete set of facilities that NM Medical offers under one roof with the requisite level of service expertise.
- NM Medical is designed to de-stress and perhaps add a bit of fun to the realm of preventive healthcare. It creates a refreshingly different healthcare experience as it is free from the stressful smells, exposure to sick patients and shuffling across various departments on different floors, commonly associated with health check-up at hospitals. The waiting lounge at NM Medical is inspired by the insides of a luxury jetliner with a happening business cum entertainment centre, staffed with guest relation executives to complete the picture.
- Since 2010 NM Medical has been accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) as per ISO 15189:2007 standards. Less than 0.2% of medical laboratories in India are accredited by NABL.
- As per the annual report on hospitals and diagnostic centres nationwide published by Newsweek in 2010, NM Medical is ranked among the top 3 diagnostic facilities in Mumbai. Among these 3 facilities, NM Medical is the only one offering the unique combination of pathology and radiology under one roof and that too in a private centre setting with multiple locations.
- Presently NM Medical operates 9 centres across Mumbai, Pune, and Bangalore.
Fully Automated Pathology
- Barcoding of every tube
- Zero-contact' collection in vaccutainor
- Bullet sample transfer from collection room to lab
- Processing on automated track
- Direct interfacing of results from equipment to reporting software
- Barium studies (Barium swallow, Upper GI series, Small intestinal studies, IC studies, Barium Enemas).
- Intravenous urographic studies, cystograms, micturating cystourethrograms, retrograde urethrograms.
- Sinograms/ Fistulograms
- An electrocardiogram (ECG / EKG) is an electrical recording of the heart and is used in the investigation of heart disease.
- It is a graphic display of the electrical activity of the heart.
- An ECG may be done as part of a routine physical exam. It may be repeated any time there are questions about the working of your heart.
- You will be brought to the ECG department in the centre. The technician will ask you to take off your clothing from the waist up, put on a gown, and lie down on a small bed. The technician will place a small electrode (a small self-sticking plastic patch) on each of your arms and legs and across six areas on your chest. You need to lie still for the minute or two that it takes the machine to make a record.
- A stress test, sometimes called a treadmill test or exercise test, helps physicians find out how well the heart handles stress. As the body works harder during the test, it requires more oxygen and the heart has to pump more blood. The test can show if the blood supply is reduced in the arteries that supply the heart. It also helps doctors know the kind and level of exercise appropriate for a patient.
- Walks slowly in place on a treadmill, on which the speed is increased for a faster pace and which is tilted to produce the effect of going up a small hill.
- May be asked to breathe into a tube for a couple of minutes.
- Can stop the test at any time if necessary.
- Afterwards will sit or lie down to have the heart and blood pressure checked.
- Heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, electrocardiogram (E.C.G. or E.K.G.), and how tired one feels are monitored during the test.
- There's very little risk in taking the test in healthy persons - no more than if a person walks fast or jogs up a big hill.
- A cardiologist is present to conduct all StressTests at NM Medical.
- All diseases of the organs of the abdominal cavity in early stages.
- Tumors of uterus and ovaries and abnormalities of reproductive organs.
- Maturation of eggs and changes of endometrium in different stages of menstrual cycle.
- Early pregnancy, including entopic pregnancy.
- Development of fetuses and possible malformations of fetuses.
- Position of the fetus, position of the placenta in the uterus and changes in it. It is also possible to estimate the quantity of amniotic fluid, evaluate heart function and breathing Movements of the fetus
- Real time live 3D (4D) Sonography provides a three-dimensional view of the fetus in motion and is one of the most important modern innovations in the field of Ultrasound.
- The clear view of the fetus from all angles allows doctors to detect any congenital abnormalities at an early stage and chart a course for corrective measures at an early and preventable stage.
- The image quality is so clear and sharp that one can get a fairly accurate impression of how the baby's features will look upon birth.
- At NM Medical all our sonography suites are equipped with high-end plasma screens to allow the expectant mother to view the baby growing inside her in the course of her pregnancy.
- One can view the baby yawning, sucking its thumb, kicking its feet, and moving its hands. We also provide all pregnancy sonography patients with a collection of video clips and images of the unborn child to create a lifelong memory for the mother and the child.
- Carotid Colour Doppler to detect risk of stroke and paralysis by evaluating the vessels in the neck that supply blood to the brain.
- Peripherial Arterial Colour Doppler.
- Peripherial Venous Colour Doppler for detection of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- Renal Doppler (especially for hypertensive patients and diabetics).
- Mammography is a screening tool for breast cancer. It provides advanced digital imaging technology for the dual benefits of optimum diagnostic quality and maximum patient comfort.
- Mammography is important because in its earliest stages breast cancer may not be palpable; it may be too small to feel as a lump or tissue change.
- Mammography can help detect these changes two years or more before you would feel them. Physical examination is also important because pre-menopausal breast tissue is often dense and fibrous, which may decrease the reliability of mammography for young women.
- Over 50 years : All women over the age of 50 years should have annual mammography examinations.
- 40-50 years : The Indian Cancer Society recommends annual mammograms for women in this age group. The National Cancer Institute recommends that these women get a mammogram every 1-2 years. Your physician should offer appropriate guidance on this issue according to your personal medical history.
- Under 40 years : Most women under the age of 40 years do not need annual mammograms. However a baseline mammogram may be done at 35 years.
- You have already had breast cancer, especially before menopause.
- You are genetically susceptible to cancer, i.e. you have close relatives with breast cancer.
- You are undertaking hormone replacement therapy. Unmarried women and those without children are also at risk.
- The radiation exposure with mammography is very less. Also if the pros and cons of mammography are weighed, the pros outweigh the cons by far. The radiation effect on the breasts decreases exponentially after 35 years of age. The only precaution to be taken is that the patient should be sure that she is not pregnant.
- Sonomammography is sonography of the breasts. It helps in distinguishing a cystic mass from a solid mass. Cysts are always benign. Mammography is required as the earliest of cancers are seen only on this modality.
- It is not possible to tell 100% whether a mass is benign or malignant on either mammography or sonography. To be 100% sure, a biopsy is required. Sonography and mammography, both together are 95% accurate in diagnosing a lesion.
- The chances are 5-15% if it is a first degree relative particularly on the maternal side. The person is at a high risk & should start doing mammography 10-15 years earlier than the age at which the relative got breast cancer.
Dexa - Bone - Densitometry
- DEXA Bone Densitometry is the gold standard for measuring bone mass and detecting Osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is a bone disorder that can be described as a generalized weakening of the skeleton due to loss of bone and calcium. A skeleton that has been weakened by bone loss is more likely to fracture, and people with osteoporosis have a high incidence of fractures. If all those people with osteoporosis could be identified and treated, a large number of fractures could be prevented.
- In India, 1 in 6 women over 50 years old will break their femur (hip), while 1 in 4 will suffer severe fractures in one or more bones.
- The death rate from osteoporosis related fractures is greater than deaths caused by breast and ovarian cancer combined.
- In contrast, conventional portable machines can only scan single sites.
- An annual DEXA scan is recommended after the age of 40 years (especially for women). For those at high risk for osteoporosis as identified below, scans at an earlier age may be required.
- Family history of osteoporosis.
- Early menopause either natural or surgical.
- Amenorrhea (lack of periods) particularly in young woman.
- Anti-seizure medicine for many years.
- Hyperthyroidism or hyperparathyroidism.
- Cushing's syndrome.
- Kidney failure colitis.
- Stomach or intestinal surgery.
- High intake of alcohol, coffee, tea or soft drinks.
- Heavy smoking.
- Low dietary intake of calcium.
- European or Asian ancestry.
- MRI Brain with advanced Neuro (Spectroscopy, DTI, Fiber Tracking, Perfusion, fMRI)
- MRI Whole Spine
- MRI Angio
- MRI of the joints (Knee, Shoulder, Ankle, Elbow, Wrist, Ankle, Foot, Hand, Finger) with Cartilage Mapping
- Breast MRI
- Cardiac MRI
- Abdomen & Pelvis, MRCP
- Prostate MRI with Spectroscopy
- Spine Stress MRI
- Peripheral Angio
- Renal Angio
- Whole Body Angio
CT Scan (64 Slice/4D Dynamic)
- Brain, Orbit, PNS
- Abdomen & Pelvis
- Joints with 3D CT
- Spine with 3D CT
- CT Angio: Brain, Carotid, Pulmonary, Abdominal Aorta, Renal, Peripheral
- CT Urogram
- Virtual Colonoscopy
- Whole Body CT Scan
- Dental CT
- CT Guided Biopsy
- Impacted wisdom teeth.
- Periodontal bone loss.
- Finding the source of dental pain.
- Assessment for the placement of dental implants.
- Orthodontic assessment.
EEG & EMG
- Routine EEG
- Sleep EEG
- Video EEG
- Portable EEG
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCV)
- NCV with EMG
- Administration of anesthesia in all subspecialties
- Preoperative medical evaluations
- Perioperative pain management
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography
- Critical care
- Management of acute and chronic pain
- Diagnosis of acute and chronic pain syndromes
- Injections and nerve blocks
- Spinal-cord stimulation
- Spinal-infusion systems
- Obstetrical analgesia and anesthesia
- Pain Management
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Coronory Care Unit
- Punch Grafting Procedure for tresting Baldness
- Chemical Peeling for treating Acne, Pigmentation, Blemishes
- Face Lifting for treating Wrinkles
- Electrolysis for removing Facial Hair in women
- Oral & Facio Maxillary Surgeries
- Dental Implants
- Laser surgeries for soft tissue lesions & gum surgeries - blood less surgery, no hospital stay
- Orofacial Pain and Temporomandibular disorders (TMD)
- Orthognathic surgeries (cosmetic correction of face jaws & teeth)
- Chin augmentation by bone or by Medpore implants
- Rhinoplasty (cosmetic correction of nose)
- Orthodontics & Dentafacial Orthopedics (diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial jaw irregularities)
- Periodontics (Diagnosis, prevention and treatment of gum diseases)
- Prosthodontics (Restoration of damaged natural teeth or replacement with artificial teeth)
The Department of Dermatology offers expert treatment for disorders like :
- vitilago (leukoderma)
- eczema and other pigmentary disorders.
The dermatologists work in tandem with other co-specialists as a team to ensure that patients derive maximum benefits of multi-specialty hospital.
- The Department of Diabeteology at K.G. Hospital has been set up to provide much needed help and guidance to Diabetic patients and assist them in leading a normal healthy productive life. This is primarily achieved through proper medication, and education towards identification and maintenance of a suitable balanced diet and proper exercise.
- Well-equipped laboratory services, which includes a state-of-the-art computerized auto analyzer for all bio-chemical investigations.
- Special investigation using Glycosylated Hemoglobin Assay, Insulin Assay, and Fructosamine Assay.
- Well-equipped Doppler laboratory for evaluation of peripheral vascular disease.
- Continuous low dose intravenous insulin administration for managing diabetic ketoaccidosis.
- Excellent intensive care unit for treating patients with acute diabetic emergenci
- The department offers a broad range of services for thyroid disorders, growth abnormalities in children, infertility in males and females, osteoporosis, pituitary disorders, obesity management, hormone replacement therapy and various other hormonal disorders.
- The department is backed up by sophisticated facilities and equipment for diagnosis, imaging, and measurement of bone mineral density, nuclear image for thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal disorders, Radio Immuno Assays (RIA) and hormone profiles.
- The Department of Gastroenterology offers comprehensive services for the gastrointestinal complaints such as heartburn, ulcers, pancreatitis, hepatitis and colitis.
- The department of Gastroenterology focuses on early colon cancer detection and endoscopy.
- Often endoscopy is performed to visualize and examine the internal organs, which include the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, colon, liver, pancreas and gallbladder.
- It is also performed to treat conditions such as colon polyps, intestinal bleeding, and stones in the bile duct.
- Dialysis - Haemodialysis, CAPD (CONTINUOUS AMBULATORY PERITONEAL DIALYSIS)
- Kidney Transplantation
- Paediatric Nephrology