#1-11-254/11/A/3/1,2,3, Motilal Nehru Nagar, SP Road, Near Begumpet Old Airport, Begumpet Flyover, Begumpet, Hyderabad – 500016, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Call DesiMD @ 91 40 4242 8282.
Year of Estd: 2009
Facility Type: Tertiary
No. of Bed: 100
Med Spec: English Medicine
- CGHS & ISO-9001 accreditation
- Empanelled with all TPA’s for smooth cashless benefits
- State-of-the-art operation theaters
- Intensive Care Units (Surgical and Medical) with ISO-9001 accreditation
- NABH accreditation
- Centralized HIMS (Hospital Information System)
- Computerized health records
- Highly qualified surgeons and physicians round-the-clock
- Standardization of ethical medical care
- We are in the process of expanding with process of Liver and Renal transplantation services.
Medical Gastroenterology deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders like chronic diarrhea, constipation, peptic ulcer, acute liver failure, portal hypertension, bilio-pancreatic disorders and malignancies & diseases of the liver and digestive tract, including the stomach, duodenum, gallbladder, biliary tract, pancreas, small intestine and colon.
Our team offers specialized services using state-of-the-art techniques and equipment to diagnose and treat diseases of the digestive system. The high standards set by the division and the scope of services available ensures that patients will receive the best care possible for a wide variety of gastrointestinal, liver and pancreatico-biliary diseases.
We expertise in gastrointestinal cancers, gastrointestinal motility, inflammatory bowel disease and viral hepatitis. We strive to provide patients with thoughtful, compassionate and timely care as well as the most advanced procedures such as photodynamic therapy and those involving endoscopic techniques. We offer expertise in all areas of clinical GI, hepatology and adult nutrition. Our dedicated clinical staff is a caring team of specialized doctors, nurses, technicians, and other ancillary personnel who are committed to improving the health and well being of patients with a variety of gastrointestinal and liver disorders.
In addition to addressing specific medical needs, we promote health through preventive care, cancer screening, and by providing education, allowing the patient to better understand their disease process.
Latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed for management of entire spectrum of GI diseases:
· Diagnostic and therapeutic Video Upper endoscopy
· Diagnostic and therapeutic Video Colonoscopy
· Diagnostic and therapeutic Capsule Endoscopy
· Diagnostic and therapeutic Capsule Colonoscopy
· Diagnostic and therapeutic Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
· Diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreaticography (ERCP)
· Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
· 24 hr pH Metry
· Hydrogen Breath Test
· Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endosonography
· Oesophageal and Rectal Manometry
· Management of acute upper and lower GI hemorrhages
· Removal of polyps from large intestine
· Stent placement in food pipe, colon, small intestine, bile duct and pancreatic duct
· Diagnostic & Therapeutic ERCP – Management of bile duct & pancreatic duct stone
Surgical Gastroenterology deals with wide variety of surgical procedures for all the diseases related to gastrointestinal, liver and pancreas, with diagnose and treatment of the digestive system; cancers/tumours as well as other disorders involving the pancreas, bile duct, gall bladder, oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, colon, rectum. In addition to tackling all the common upper GI symptoms caused by Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, gall bladder, pancreas and the small bowel, the Institute is also equipped evaluate lower GI symptoms like constipation and others.
The department consists of highly qualified medical professionals. It has performed single balloon enteroscopy to identify identifying small bowel lesions.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to compliment the experienced staff to offer high class service to our patients.
Latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed for management of entire spectrum of GI diseases, that includes
· Management of Cholangio Carcinoma
· Surgical management of necrotising and Chronic Pancreatitis
· Surgical management of Ulcerative Colitis
· Colo Rectal, Esophageal & Gastric Cancer Surgery
· Management of Liver trauma
· Surgery for benign Biliary Strictures post Cholecystectomy bile duct stricture
· Portal Hypertension – shunt and non-shunt surgeries
· Definitive surgery for Choledochal Cyst
· Surgery for Corrosive Esophageal injury
· Sleeve Gastrectomy including stapling
· Gastric Bypass including stapling
· Laparoscopic Surgery for Achalasia Cardia
· Laparoscopic Surgery for hiatus hernia
· Esophagectomy for cancer
· BL Inguinal Hernia (With Prolene mesh)-Uni
· BL Inguinal Hernia (With Prolene mesh)-BI
· Lap Cholestectomy(Gall Bladder Removal)
· Umblical Hernia (With High Generation Mesh)
· Open Ventral Hernia Repair
· Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
· Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair
· Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH) Surgery
· Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy Surgery
· Gastrectomy Cancer
· Pancreatic Resection Whipple's
· Laparoscopic Distal Pancreatectomy & Splenectomy
· Longitudinal Pancreaticojejunostomy for Chronic Pancreatitis
· Major Liver resections for Liver Cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma & Metastases)
· Laparoscopic Surgery of Bile Duct
· Major Biliary Surgery (Choledochal Cyst, Biliary Stricture after Cholecystectomy, Hepaticojejunostomy)
· Surgery for Gall bladder cancer
· Colectomy for cancer
· Rectal cancer resection (LAR)
· Rectal cancer resection (APR)
· Hiatus repair (With High Generation Mesh)
· Laparoscopic Thoracoscopic Esophagectomy
· Stenting In Esophageal Cancer
· Polypectomy Minor
· Polypectomy Major
· Liver Transplant
This department is equipped with:
· HD Laparoscopic equipment
· State-of-the-art Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)
· State-of-the-art Electrocautery devices
· RFA (Radiofrequency ablative equipment)
· Tissue link
· Intraoperative endoscopy
· Various stapling devices
· Intraoperative x-ray (C-arm)
· Intraoperative ultrasound
· Harmonic scalpel
· APC (Argon plasma coagulation equipment)
Hepatology deals with the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases that affect the liver, gallbladder, biliary tree and pancreas. Hepatology is a rapidly evolving field that will continue to grow and maintain excitement over the next few decades. Therapeutic options and diagnostic procedures in hepatology have quickly advanced during the last decade. In particular, the management of viral hepatitis has completely changed since the early nineties.
The department provides emergency and elective management to patients with liver, biliary and pancreatic diseases. With a rigorous academic program and constant monitoring, the department is able to provide protocol and evidenced based care to an increasing number of difficult to treat patients.
The department has initiated efforts to promote the study of Hepatobiliary Sciences as a super-specialty and initiated advanced training in the field of Hepatology and Transplant Hepatology.
Some of the most common ailments that are assessed diagnosed and managed by our highly qualified team of experts:
· Cirrhosis of Liver
· Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
· Chronic Liver disease (Cirrhosis of liver)
· Non-cirrhotic Liver disease
· Cystic & solid tumours of Liver
· Pancreatic disorders like Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis and Pancreatic Cancer
· Diseases of the liver related to excess alcohol consumption, including fatty liver disease, liver cirrhosis and liver cancer.
· Viral hepatitis infections (hepatitis A, B, C and E). Over two billion individuals have been infected with hepatitis B at some point and around 350 million people are persistent carriers. With widespread vaccination and blood screening, the incidence of hepatitis B has significantly decreased. However, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are accountable for up to 80% of liver cancer cases.
· Drug overdose, particularly paracetamol overdose
· Gastrointestinal bleeding caused by portal hypertension linked to liver injury
· Enzyme defects causing liver enlargement in children, also known of as liver storage diseases
· Some tropical infections such as hydatid cyst, kala-azar or schistosomiasis
· Liver transplantation
· Liver cancer
Urology deals with the treatment and management for all kinds of illnesses affecting the kidney, bladder, urethra, prostrate and male genitalia in all age groups, independent of origin or cause of the disorder. It has expertise in Nephrology such as renal biopsies, renal angiography and angioplasty, hemodialysis and endoscopic treatment of prostatic diseases.
Advances in laparoscopic urology occurred at a rapid pace as technology and techniques united to open world of possibilities for treatment of urological diseases. Laparoscopic division at PACE Hospitals is at a forefront to keep updated & offer the best minimally invasive patient care.
There is usally variety of techniques available to perform this surgeries such as open or laparoscopic. With highly experienced uro-laparoscopist at PACE Hospitals, we give the one of the best surgical routs with less pain and hospitalization.
Laparoscopic urologist at PACE Hospitals offers a wide range of Laparoscopic techniques for a variety of condition.
· Laparoscopic Nephrectomy– Simple / Donor / Partial
· Laparoscopic Pyelolithotomy / Ureterolithotomy
· Laparoscopic Ureteral Reimplantation / Laparoscopic Antireflux Surgery
· Laparoscopic VVF repair / Ureteral stricture
· Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
· Laparoscopic TVL
· Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
· Laparoscopic Orchiopexy
Laser-urology (with 100 watts holmium laser)
· HoLEP - laser enucleation of the prostate
· RIRS – Laser treatment for renal ureteric stone
· Laser resection of bladder tumors / stricture
· Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy
· Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
· Laparoscopic nephrectomy
· Laparoscopic prostatectomy
· Laparoscopic cystectomy
· Surgical and reconstructive treatment of pelvic and retroperitoneal malignancy
· Urethroplasty (Urethral stricture surgeries)
· Complex penile / Urethral surgeries
· Sphincter/Sling surgery for male and female incontinence
· Peyronie's disease repair
· Lap ureteral reimplantation, psoas hitch, boari flap (for ureteric stricture)
Endo – Urology
· Minimally invasive percutaneous nephrolithotomy (Mini-Perc)
· Micro PCNL
· URSL (Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy)
· TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate)
· PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy)
Diagnosis and treatment of those urinary tract disorders like include urinary incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse, voiding dysfunction, recurrent urinary tract infection, urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis. We specialize in treatment of:-
· Lap & open VVF repair
· TOT (Transobturator tape) surgery for incontinence
· TVT (Transvaginal tape) surgery for incontinence
· Cystocele repair surgery
· Botulinum toxin injection
· Vaginal reconstruction surgery
· Lap sacrocolpopexy
Neuro – Urology
· Neurological conditions as multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, CVA, SCI, spina bifida, meningococcal, meningomyelocele, etc can result in urinary incontinence & inability to urinate.
· Availability of urodynamic study which measures function of bladder in diagnosis & treatment of patient.
Division of pediatrics Urology treats all childhood urological problems from birth to young. Our para medical staff and cutting edge technology combines to deliver excellence in all expects. We specialize in treatment of:-
· Cosmetic circumcision
· Hypospadias surgery
· Lap orchidopexy
· Lap pyeloplasty
· Deflux surgery (for VUR)
· Mini PCNL (for Stone disease)
· Hydrocele & Hernia repair
Andrology division at PACE Hospitals undertake measures to diagnose and treat the sexual health of men suffering from male infertility, sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory disorder, andropause, Ihordee, torsion, peyronie's disease, advanced andrological surgeries like penile prostate implantation, laparoscopic & Micro surgical varicocelectomy, vasovasostomy (VVA), vasoepididymostomy (VEA), peyronie's surgeries are routinely done.
· Vaccum devices (for Erectile Dysfunction)
· Penile implant (for Erectile Dysfunction)
· ESWT (for Erectile Dysfunction)
· Microscopic & Lap Varicocelectomy
· Vasovasostomy & Vasoepididymostomy (for vas deferens obstruction)
· Chordee Release
1.Holmium Lasers – 100 W
Lumenis Holmium 100 watt lasers is highest power and most technologically advanced holmium laser currently available in the world. It's a minimally invasive treatment solutions for BPH, stones, strictures and tumors.
· Hemostatic can be used safely on anticoagulant patients and high risk patients
· No prostate size limit
· Decreased catheter time, blood loss & hospital stay
· Any size, any composition and any location stone can be fragmented
· Urodynamics is the investigation of the function of the lower urinary tract - the bladder and urethra - using physical measurements such as bladder pressure and flow rate as well as clinical assessment.
· Urodynamic studies provide extremely valuable diagnostic data for any of the following bladder dysfunctions: Urge Incontinence, Stress Incontinence,Urinary Retention, Urinary Frequency, Nocturia, Hesitancy, and all other storage and micturition issues.
3.Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
· The chief advantage of ESWL is that it is “non-invasive”. That is, there is no cutting of the skin or insertion of devices into the body in order to get the shockwaves to the stone.
· Patients can be treated on an utpatient basis and usually experience only odest discomfort, if any. Re-treatment is possible if complete fragmentation has not occurred in a single session.
Dornier lithotripter is one of the best lithotripter as it has:-
· Best fragmentation & clearance rate
· Precise localization & Focus due to Ultrasound integration
· Can be given without anaesthesia
· Min morbidity
· Storz Flex-X2 with high maneuverability, miniaturization and high image quality provides maximum accessability to treat upper urinary tract pathology like tumors and stone disease.
5. HD Laparoscopic system
Olympus is a pioneer of minimally invasive surgery (Laparoscopy), a modern technique in which an operation in the abdomen is performed through small incisions as compared to larger incisions needed in traditional surgical procedures. This surgical approach addresses the key requirements of Healthcare Reform:
· Increased Quality of Care – Minimally invasive surgery provides better clinical outcomes than traditional "open" surgery.
· Decreased Costs – Numerous industry and clinical studies have demonstrated that minimally invasive surgery provides significant cost savings when compared to a robotic surgical approach.*
· Enhanced Patient Satisfaction – Minimally invasive surgery provides less scarring, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery than traditional "open" surgery.
Nephrology deals with the treatment and management of Nephrotic syndrome, acute nephritic syndrome, acute renal failure and chronic renal failure. Being a tertiary care center, all types of acute renal failure are encountered. Diabetic Nephropathy is the most commonly encountered chronic kidney disease. Given below are the descriptions of the conditions treated:
· Nephrotic Syndrome
· Acute Nephritic Syndrome
· Acute Renal Failure
· Chronic Renal Failure
There are two types of dialysis:
· Haemodialysis: Haemodialysis is a process that balances blood chemistry and filters wastes and fluid from the blood.
· Peritoneal dialysis: In peritoneal dialysis, the patient’s peritoneum (membrane present inside the abdomen) is used for the purpose of dialysis. Peritoneal dialysis occurs within the patient’s body itself
It is a form of specialised dialysis. A separate dialysis machine is dedicated for this procedure. Patients are monitored around the clock during the procedure.
It is a specialized procedure that is performed in the ICU for certain patients who are very sick with some specific kidney diseases. In this procedure large quantities of plasma is removed from a patient and replaced with fresh frozen plasma, albumin or saline.
It is a diagnostic procedure in which a small piece of renal tissue (tissue from the kidneys) is obtained to know the cause of renal failure, to know the cause of proteinuria and to know the severity in some renal diseases like lupus nephritis.
A focused Comprehensive inter disciplinary approach to cancers of the liver pancreas and biliary tree.
Cancers of the liver, pancreas and biliary tree (including gallbladder) represent some of the most complex and challenging problems faced by patients and professionals today. Rather than referring to standard cancer centres with no focused interest in these areas, they need to be managed at dedicated HPB centers. 24x7 availability of highly trained professionals, specialised investigative tools, liver ICU and expert HPB Surgeons with high volume experience are needed to achieve consistent quality of care. The pace center for liver and pancreatic diseases provides a comprehensive multi disciplinary approach to diagnosis and treatment of these cancers.
EXPERT EVALUATION DIAGNOSIS AND ADVANCED TREATMENT
Specialists at HPB centre are available 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. They have a broad range of experience having received training and worked as HPB consultants at premier institutes in India and abroad. In addition to a large experience the USP of our centre is a personalised approach to care. The surgeons, gastroenterologists, radiologists, medical oncologists and dieticians work as a team with regular HPB meetings, carefully exploring every option before agreeing on what’s best for the patient. Together, they tailor an individualized treatment plan to each patient.
HIGHLY SPECIALIZED DIAGNOSTIC, ENDOSCOPIC & RADIOLOGICAL INTERVENTION FACILITIES
Our facilities at Pace liver and pancreas center feature state-of-the-art equipment with the latest technology available to diagnose and treat the complexities of liver, pancreas and gallbladder diseases.
1. ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
2. Endoscopic ultrasound with
a) EUS guided biopsy
b) EUS guided cyst ablation
3. Spy scopy for diagnosing difficult biliary tumors
4. Endoscopic stenting including Y stenting
5. PTBD for biliary strictures
6. Transarterial chemoembolisation for Liver cancer.
7. Portal vein embolisation
· Laparoscopic / percutaneous RFA ablation for liver tumors.
· Endoscopic RFA ablation for biliary tumors and pancreatic cysts
Pace center for digestive diseases offers an expert surgical team with a large experience in HPB surgery including liver transplantation with training in the best centers in the world and also several years of working in top HPB centers in India.
Experience & expertise in minimally invasive & open HPB surgery
· Liver resection for primary liver cancers (HCC, Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma)
· Liver resections for colorectal metastases
· Parenchyma preserving liver resections
· Staged liver resections portal vein embolisation & ALPPS technique
· Segmental liver resections
· Laparoscopic or open Radiofreuency ablation
· Whipples procedure lap and open
· Laparoscopic and open distal pancreatic resections
· Central pancreatectomy
Bile duct and gallbladder
· Radical cholecsytectomy and extended liver resections for carcinoma head of pancreas
· Bile duct excision for Mid CBD Cholangiocarcinoma
· Whipples for lower CBD Cholangiocarcinoma
· Extended liver resections for upper 3rd and hilar bile duct cancers
In PACE Hospitals, Andrology department deals with male health, particularly relating to the problems of the male infertility and impotence and urological problems that are unique to men. It is the counterpart to gynaecology, which deals with medical issues which are specific to the female reproductive system. Aided by state-of-the-art equipment, highly qualified consultants and surgeons.
Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction): Impotence is the chronic inability to have an erection that is rigid enough, and that can be sustained for a long enough period, to complete sexual intercourse for at least half of the times sexual intercourse takes place. Erectile dysfunction is a common, treatable condition
Diagnosis & Tests
· For Impotence
A man’s inability to have and maintain an erection can be caused by many disorders. The causes can be either physical or psychological and the resulting impotence can be categorised as physical impotence and psychological impotence respectively:
1. Physical Impotence: may result from damage to the nerves or the blood vessels that control the flow of blood to the penis. It may also be caused by problems with hormones – substances in the bloodstream that affect or control the activity of some organs
2. Psychological Impotence: can be the result of fear, stress, worry, anger or frustration. Often, this type of impotence develops from ‘performance anxiety’ – a man’s fear that he won’t perform well during sexual intercourse. Stress caused by problems on the job, marital problems or financial difficulties can also lead to this type of impotence
Psychological causes of impotence include:
· Stress and anxiety at work or at home
· Worry about poor sexual performance
· Marital discord
· Unresolved sexual orientation
Other causes are due to defective blood flow or nerve function to the penis.
For many years, it was believed that 90% of impotent men had a psychological cause for their problem. However, as a result of recent medical research, it is now known that at least half of the men suffering from impotence can actually trace its origin to a physical problem.
If your erections do not become firm enough to allow for vaginal penetration, you have impotence. If your erections have the necessary rigidity, but are only firm for a brief period, you may have the problem. If your erection loses its strength upon penetration, you probably have the problem.
If any of these scenarios fit you, it may be time to admit it, and begin to move towards a treatment that can change your life.
Many men experience short episodes of impotence. Temporary impotence can be caused by stress or by drinking too much alcohol. But overall, one in ten men are continually unable to have an erection firm enough for successful sexual intercourse.
Erectile dysfunction can occur in men at any age. According to studies by the National Institute of Health, 5% of men at the age of 40, and approximately 15%-25% of men at the age of 65 or older, have some degree of erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction affects all races and crosses all ethnic and economic boundaries.
Impotence can also be caused due to diabetes. Of all the conditions male diabetics face, impotence is the most personal. But it is also very common. The overall incidence of impotence in men with diabetes is two to five times higher than it is in the general male population. This does not mean that impotence is inevitable or permanent.
The procedures & tests to detect impotence include
· Nature of the Impotence: The first step in the diagnosis is to determine whether the impotence is physical or psychological. The physician may start by asking as to how the impotence developed
· General Examination & Tests: After asking questions about the impotence, the physician will then conduct a thorough general examination. The physician usually conduct tests to find out the cause of the impotence
· Other Tests: can determine if the blood flow to the penis is impaired. Still others will reveal as to whether hormone problems are causing the impotence
For Male Infertility
(Sperm Function Study is an accurate way to predict fertility potential)
Treatment For Impotence
Impotence, whether it is due to diabetes or some other cause, does not have to be permanent. Virtually every patient with impotence can be helped. And, in many cases, couples may choose between several effective treatment options.
For most men, the cause of impotence can now be identified fairly easily. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended to help them return to a satisfactory sex life.
A lot of men become sexually impotent, but never admit it to themselves. Sadly, this denial prevents them from enjoying sexual activity on a regular basis. A man who behaves in this way has a lot of company. Up to one in ten men are impotent, but only 5% of them have ever been treated for it.
Ignoring the problem of impotence was normal behaviour years ago but sexual well-being is now moving to the forefront as a key indicator of total health. As more men are living longer, they have an interest in treating impotence. The pride factor is no longer the barrier to treatment that it once was. Today, there are many effective treatments to choose from, both surgical and non-surgical. But the first step is to admit the existence of the problem.
Whether the cause of impotence is due to diabetes or to other causes, the problem can be overcome. As our understanding of impotence has increased, several new treatment options have been developed.
If you have impotence, please ask your physician for recommendations concerning the steps to be taken to have your problem evaluated and treated.
Depending upon the cause of impotence, the physician may recommend counselling or therapy, hormone injections, a change in prescription medications, self-injection of medication to cause erections, an external vacuum device or, occasionally, oral medication.
You should also discuss the option of surgical treatment. The most common surgical procedure to treat impotence is a penile prosthesis implantation. For a few select candidates, a surgery to correct a blocked artery or a leak in the pelvic veins may also be an option.
In many cases, several of these treatments for impotence may be appropriate to restore sexual potency. The patient may then choose the treatment method with which he feels most comfortable.
It is also very important to involve your sexual partner in this decision-making process. Couples who participate together in planning the treatment are almost always happy with the results. The following measures can be taken to remedy erectile dysfunction:
· Changing Habits and Medications
· Quitting Smoking and Changing Prescription Medications : may help address the condition.
· Hormonal Medications : Only 5% of erectile dysfunction cases are caused by irregular levels of sex hormones, such as low levels of testosterone or excess estrogen. There are medications that restore this balance. Only 5% of erectile dysfunction cases are caused by irregular levels of sex hormones, such as low levels of testosterone or excess estrogen. There are medications that restore this balance.
· Professional Counselling : Because impotence can often result from a combination of psychological and physical factors, counselling can reduce anxiety. This therapy is often used in combination with other treatments as directed by a physician.
· Oral Medication: Yohimbine occurs naturally in the bark of evergreen trees and has been used as an aphrodisiac for centuries by Indians and Africans. It is believed that the drug works by enhancing nerve sensitivity in the penis. While there have been no large-scale studies to prove the drug’s effectiveness, a small percentage of men report it to be helpful for erectile dysfunction.
Recently, a new drug, sildenafil citrate (Viagra), has been introduced, which acts to increase nitric oxide levels and other primary mediators of erection. Studies suggest that the drug is effective in selected groups of patients. However, the drug has to be used under medical supervision as it has been found to have known interactions with other drugs and should be used with caution in hypertensives.
· Vacuum Therapy: This treatment enables an erection by increasing blood flow to the penis through negative pressure suction generated by the device used for this, treatment. In this way, the patient can obtain penile enlargement and rigidity for sexual intercourse.
· Injection Therapy: One of the newest forms of treatment involves the self-injection of a certain medication into the side of the penis. This relatively painless injection produces erections of good quality in about 70-80% of patients.
· Surgical Treatment: This treatment is usually reserved for those patients whose blood flow has been blocked by an injury to the penis or pelvic area. For these select candidates, a surgery to correct a blocked artery or a leak in the pelvic veins is an option. The goal of this treatment is to correct the blockage of blood flow to the penis so that erections will occur naturally.
· Penile Prostheses: The most common surgical procedure to treat impotence is that of penile prosthesis implantation. This treatment involves the surgical placement of a device into the two sides of the penis, allowing erections as often as desired. These implants come in two forms – an inflatable device and semi-rigid rods. This treatment is recommended only after discussing with the patient all other available options. A prosthesis is a long-term solution, which is offered after careful consideration and discussion with the patient.
The good news for many men and their partners is that erectile dysfunction can usually be treated safely and effectively. In the light of recent medical advances, men no longer need to suffer from erectile dysfunction in silence. Their impotency no longer needs to remain as a disruptive factor in their relationships. Most importantly, couples can now fully enjoy the enriching and exhilarating joy of intimate sexual contact.
Couples need to communicate openly and honestly with each other. Most importantly, couples need to confront any concerns they may have about erectile dysfunction by discussing their feelings and reassuring each other that they still care. Couples need to maintain this communication throughout the treatment process.
Internal Medicine and Diabetology
In PACE Hospitals, Internal Medicine and Diabetology department deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases like blood pressure, diabetes and various other acutechronic illnesses. Treatment is often a combination of medical intervention, lifestyle changes and diet regulations.
We offer coordinated care in the screening, management and prevention of complications in diabetes – all under one roof, with specialists from various other disciplines. This department is supported by a Dietician, Diabetic Counsellor, Physiatrist, Ophthalmologist and Nephrologists. The department also oﬀers diabetic packages which have been designed keeping in mind the holistic approach to diabetic treatment.
This centre provide the best possible protocol based guidance to address conditions such as :-
· Glucose Assessment & Control
· Assessment of Complications and Associated Conditions
· Childhood Diabetes
· Diabetes (Type 1 & Type 2)
· Gestational Diabetes
· Obesity in Diabetes
· Weight reduction in Diabetes
· Diabetic Nephropathy
· Diabetic Neuropathy
· Diabetes with Hypertension
· Diabetic Foot
· Diabetic Retinopathy
· Dietary Guidance (Patient Education & Counseling Services)
· Specialty Diagnostics in Tuberculosis
· Infectious Diseases
· Travel consultations and vaccinations
· Health screening for men and women
· Thyroid Disorder
· Geriatric Medicine
The Institute of ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) at CARE Hospitals is one of the best in the country. A full-fledged super specialty institute, it is geared to meet all healthcare needs associated with the ear, nose and throat, as well as facial plastic surgery and head and neck surgery. The goal is to make the best ENT care available, which is also accessible and affordable.
CARE Hospitals performs the largest number of ENT surgeries, covering all aspects of the specialty, such as ENT facial plastic surgery and head and neck surgeries, from the very basic to the most advanced, with the involvement of onco-surgeons, whenever required.
The Institute of ENT has advanced facilities for the treatment of the ear, nose and throat (ENT) diseases with world-renowned specialists and state-of-the-art technology. Our consultant ENT Doctors in Hyderabad has received training in the UK, USA, Germany, France, Australia and Austria and has worked abroad for many years.
The Institute of ENT offers routine outpatient services; operations are performed as day care surgery or, in some cases, with hospitalization. The institute is geared to tackle the most complex diseases of ENT medically and, if required, surgically. It is renowned for its ultra-modern facilities, amenities, advanced operating microscopes, diagnostic video endoscopes and an up-to-date audiology lab, with an expert team for cochlear implantation surgery. In addition, it conducts neonatal screening to detect hearing loss in newborns.
The Institute of ENT also offers a comprehensive range of emergency and non-emergency services with a team of dedicated consultants and residents, available round the clock. The institute is recognized for postgraduate training (DNB) in oto rhino laryngology and head and neck surgery.
Department of Otology, Neurotology and Implantation Otology (cochlear implant & implantable hearing aids)
The Department of Otology & Neurotology is a specialty devoted to the care of adult and pediatric patients with problems of the ear, nose, throat and neck. The department treats disease of the outer, middle and inner ear, hearing impairment, with complex ear problems, like congenital atresia, microtia and resultant conductive hearing loss, cholesteatoma surgery and common perforated ear drum repairs (mastoidectomy and tympanoplasty), glomus tumors, acoustic neuromas and other tumors of the skull base. The department has many patients, who have achieved normal hearing for otosclerosis following successful, delicate stapedotomy surgery.
The department has a Cochlear Implant Clinic and an Implantable Hearing Aids Clinic. Patients are also treated for vertigo (giddiness) related to the inner ear (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo or positional vertigo/BPPV), Meniere’s disease and other causes of giddiness.
The goal of the department is to provide a complete range of services for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients and extend services, both individually and collectively.
Department of Rhinology and Sinus Surgery
The Department of Rhinology is devoted to treatment of the nose, including the sinuses. Rhinology concerns itself with medical and surgical diseases of the nasal passages as well as sinusitis – acute and chronic, environmental allergies, rhinitis, sino-nasal tumors, pituitary tumors, juvenile naso pharyngeal angiofibromas. These diseases are treated endoscopically, without any cuts or stitches on the nose or face.
Also treated are cases of nasal trauma, including fractured nasal bones and recurrent epistaxis (nose bleeds).
Department of Facial Plastic Surgery
The Department of Facial Plastic Surgery provides cosmetic and reconstructive rhinoplasty surgery (nose plastic surgery). It also deals with the correction of facial scars and moles and correction of prominent or bat ears. There are facilities for upper and lower lid blepharoplasty, face lift and Botox injections.
The department conducts an international training workshop on rhinoplasty surgery every year, with the participation of over 150 ENT and plastic surgeons in the field of rhinoplasty and other facial plastic surgery.
Department of Laryngology and Voice Disorders
The Department of Laryngology and Voice Disorders specializes in treating disorders of the throat, including voice and swallowing problems. Speech language pathologists treat voice disorders using the latest technology and treatment options.
Patients with hoarseness, neurological disorders such as vocal cord paralysis and spasmodic dysphonia and singers and other professional voice users with vocal complaints are treated by micro-laryngeal and video laryngeal surgery, thyroplasty to correct vocal cord paralysis, laser cordectomies, and other laser voice surgery including Botox injections for spasmodic dysphonia.
Department of Sleep Medicine
The Department of Sleep Medicine is a medical specialty devoted to the diagnosis and therapy of sleep disturbances and disorders. Facilities for PolySomnoGraphy (Overnight Sleep Study) are available. Comprehensive surgical care by laser surgery is offered for patients with Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology
The Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology treats children with common illnesses such as adenoiditis, tonsillitis, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, sinusitis and ear infections (otitis media), using the latest guidelines for medical treatment and the most advanced techniques for surgical treatment.
The Institute of Medical Gastroenterology at CARE Hospitals is dedicated to excellence in patient care, advancement in research and innovation and a holistic approach to healthcare. The institute provides patients advanced care in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal system. Medical gastroenterology primarily involves the diagnosis and management of patients using medicines and minimally invasive interventions. Medical gastroenterology is often considered a less specialised area, but has the opportunity to develop a subspecialty in liver disease, dyspepsia, inflammatory bowel disease, functional disturbances of the gut, cancer and endoscopy. The institute has the complete range of the latest endoscopic facilities, including endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogram (ERCP) and allied interventions. CARE Hospitals offers round-the-clock service in gastrointestinal emergencies like vomiting of blood, foreign body ingestion and hepatic coma.
General Surgery & Surgical Gastroenterology
CARE Hospitals launched the Institute of General Surgery and Surgical Gastroenterology to provide the highest level of healthcare in this specialty, while being affordable and accessible for the general population. Growing in strength along with the CARE Hospitals Group, the Institute is now the preferred destination for general surgery and surgical gastroenterology in Andhra Pradesh.
An expert team of surgeons with combined clinical experience of over fifty years offers the whole spectrum of treatment modalities — from the simplest procedures to the most complex advanced laparoscopic surgeries. The institute was one of the first few in the state to acquire laparoscopy instrumentation and offer “keyhole surgery” to its large patient base. Keeping pace with advances in the field of laparoscopic surgery we have added a high-definition endovision to our surgical armamentarium at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
The CARE Outpatient Centre (Hyderabad) offers day care surgeries and procedures in this specialty with sophisticated operation theatres, experienced surgeons and trained support staff. The largest operative groups of day care surgeries are related to the gall bladder, hernias, piles (haemorrhoids) and skin and soft tissues.
The Institute of General Surgery and Surgical Gastroenterology offers a DNB (General Surgery) program, admitting aspiring surgeons each year. The postgraduate students have a rigorous training schedule, which includes an intense academic program, patient management for all types of surgeries with considerable co-morbidities and mandatory research activities. The institute also imparts short term in-house training on request to foreign students from across the world.
The continuing evolution of medical science in general and surgical specialties in particular is challenging and keeps the faculty on its toes to stay abreast with the best in the world. The faculty is active on the academic front, travelling all over the country as well as abroad to participate in conferences and surgical workshops, learning and mastering the recent trends in the world. Members of the faculty also speak on various topics related to surgery and surgical nutrition at national and international fora.
The Institute of General Surgery and Surgical Gastroenterology is a center of excellence, recognized by the patients and the medical fraternity.
Dr. Meghana VermaMS (Opht.), DNB, MBA (ISB) CEO & Executive Director, OpthalmologyMedical Doctor
Dr. Anju VermaMS (Opht.), DNB (Opht.) Consultant (Vitreo - Retinal Surgeon) Ophthalmic SurgeonSurgeon
Dr. Govind VermaMD, DM (Gastroenterology) Gastroenterologist and HepatologistMedical Doctor
Dr. Chetan MahajanMS, DNB, MNAMS, Fellow Surgical Gastroenterology (NIMS), Fellow HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation (Singapore) Surgical GastroenterologistSurgeon
Dr. Shyam R VermaMS, MCh (Urology)Laparoscopic Urologist & AndrologistMedical Doctor
Dr. Dilip BabuNephrologist & Transplant PhysicianMD, DM (Nephrology) Medical Doctor
Gastrointestinal & Laproscopic Surgery
Dr. Nagendra PrasadMS, FAIS, FICS, FIAGES, FALSAdvanced Laparoscopic Surgeon & GI SurgeonSurgeon
Dr. Nachiketh DeshmukhMS (ENT), Fellow - Sinus Surgery (Austria), Micro Ear Surgery (Germany), Neurotology House Ear Institute (USA)Ear SurgeonSurgeon
Dr. Nikitha DeshmukhMS (ENT), DNB (ENT), DORL ENT Surgeon & OtologistSurgeon
Dr. Tushar NemmaniwarMDCritical Care ConsultantMedical Doctor
Dr. VishnuChand ZampaniMBBS, PGDGM, DNB Family Physician & Assistant IntensivistMedical Doctor
Dr. VasundharaMD (Medicine) Cardiologist, Physician & IntensivistMedical Doctor
Dr. Rajesh VasuMS, MCh, FAS (Barcelona)Plastic & Aesthetic SurgeonSurgeon
Dr. Suresh BabuMBBS, DMRD, DNB (RD)Consultant RadiologistMedical Doctor
Dr. Rama Mohan ReddyDNB (Surgery), MD (Radiation Oncology)Radio OncologistMedical Doctor
Dr. Trivikram ChanderMD (Gen. Physician), PG Diploma (Diabetology) Physician and Diabetologist Medical Doctor
Anaesthesia & Critical Care
Dr Manoj AgarwalMBBS, Pg in General Anaesthesia Head of Department – Cardiac Anaesthesia & Critical CareMedical Doctor
Dr Amit Kumar AhujaMBBS, MD, PGDCC Consultant - Critical Care & AnaesthesiologyMedical Doctor
- State-of-the-Art Operation Theatres
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Units (Surgical and Medical)
- High Dependency Unit
- Exclusive Day Procedure Unit
- Renal Unit
- Central Sterilising Department
- Imaging Department
- Pharmacy for IP & OP
- Laboratory services
Primary Location Map
- Address: PACE Clinics, AVM Towers, Beside Chutney's Restaurant, Kukatpally
- City: Hyderabad
- State: Andhra Pradesh
- country: India