A host of parties are lined up for Christmas and year-end? Love to look your best and grab that second look for your radiant looking skin? But, worried you can’t, because of the wrinkles and dull skin?
Well, it’s not all that difficult to reduce those creases, fine lines and spots on your face, if you know your skin better and the causes that deters it from looking its best.
What are the causes for the wrinkles, pigmentation and spots?
The wrinkles, creases and ridges on the skin appear naturally with age as the outer layer skin called epidermis loses its collagen. Collagen and sebaceous glands play an important role in keeping the skin soft and supple. The sebaceous glands produce less sebum with age and make the skin dry and wrinkled. The sweat glands also become less active and decrease sweating reducing the moisture of the skin.
Dry and less elastic skin leads to loosening and sagging of the skin. While aging is one of the reasons of wrinkling, other factors that age the skin are rapid weight loss, poor diet, exposure to sun, environmental pollution, stress, certain drugs and genetic predisposition.
Aging brings hormonal changes in the body that brings changes to the skin and other organs. However, age related skin problems can be addressed to an extent with diet and nutrition and external care of the skin.
What can you do to bring back that radiance? It has to be addressed both internally and externally. Externally you need skin applications and maintenance.
Tips for external applications for wrinkle free, spotless skin:
- Aloe Vera and vitamin E capsule content mixture can be applied on the face in the wrinkled areas for 30 minutes and washed with lukewarm water. This will iron out the wrinkles if used regularly.
- Fenugreek Leaves Paste: A paste of the ground fenugreek leaves can be applied overnight on the face and washed with warm water the next day morning.
- A cooling cucumber face mask applied for 10-15 minutes can reduce the weary look
- Rub almond or coconut oil mixed before going to bed to enhance the moisture and remove fine lines
- Make it a habit to apply aloe gel especially after exposure to sun
- A mixture of half tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of rose water can be applied on the dry parts of the face and neck to hydrate it externally.
- Regular massage of olive oil helps remove the wrinkles
- Lemon or orange juice rubbed on the facial skin helps to eliminate wrinkles and blemishes over a period of time. Rub it in and leave it for 10-15 mins, 2-3 times a day.
- Apply a paste of pineapple and olive oil for 20-30 minutes and rinse it to remove lines and blemishes.
- Egg white with honey, coconut or olive oil with raw milk mixed well , can be applied and left for 20 minutes to get relief from wrinkles.
To remove pigmentation and spots:
- To lighten the dark spots use basil leaves with water and apply it on those areas every night.
- Mashed Papaya or banana rubbed on the dark spots of the skin helps lighten the spots. Both are nutrient rich fruits with vitamins and antioxidants that will add a healthy look to the skin
- Rubbing freshly ground pure turmeric with sesame seed powder eliminates dead cells and the spots.
- Almond powder with fresh cream applied on the skin for 15 minutes and rinsed with tepid water, brings glow to the skin.
- Eat plenty of greens, veggies and fruits for nutrition and healthy skin
- Drink 1-2 liters of water every day to keep your skin hydrated and remove toxins from the system
- Eliminate chemicals, artificial flavors, dyes, and preservatives from your diet
- Eat fish often to replenish your system with omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins which acts like a tonic to the skin.